Thursday, November 18, 2010

If You Love Something...Set It Free

No song reference this time folks. I know, I too am let down.

"If you love something, set it free." This quote is often used in reference to a loved one. I for one am guilty of relating this to my life many times. Today however, is a new day.

So I started thinking. What if on this new day we could learn to love ourselves? Set ourselves "free"? What if we reconsidered this advice and realized if we don't love ourselves, who will? We're with ourselves from start to finish. Birth to death. No two ways about it. It's a pretty long-term relationship, don't you think?

The second part of this quote says to set it free. Open "it" (we'll use ourselves in this case) to a whole new world. An idea Aladdin always made seem so appealing.

My words may be few in this entry, but they are those of truth i assure.

So here's to self love and freedom. And who knows, maybe after loving ourselves we could find someone finally worth sharing that love. Anything's possible on a new day...




No comments:

Post a Comment